MARITIME STUDIES GRADUATE PROGRAMME
The aim of the Maritime Studies Graduate Programme is to provide students with advanced education in the field of maritime and to improve their ability to conduct independent scientific research. In the program, researches are carried out in the fields of "Maritime Transport and Logistics", "Human Resources in Maritime" and "Safety in Maritime". The program provides individuals with the opportunity to do a doctorate in one of these 3 topics. The program is 30% in English. The purpose of the Maritime Studies Graduate Programme is to develop analytical thinking skills based on a critical perspective through an interdisciplinary education.
The program, regardless of the department, can apply to those who have completed the master's program with thesis, especially those who want to direct their career in the field of maritime and specialize in the field of maritime. Maritime Studies Graduate Programme aims to provide students with theoretical knowledge in the field they want to research, and to train academicians and practitioners who are open to global and global competition.
1. To develop and deepen current and advanced knowledge in the Area of maritime at the level of expertise with original thinking and / or research, and to reach original definitions that will bring innovation to the field, based on master's qualifications (Knowledge).
2. To comprehend the interdisciplinary interaction related to the field; to reach original results by using knowledge that requires expertise in analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating new and complex ideas (Knowledge).
3. To evaluate and use new information in the field with a systematic approach (Skill).
4. To develop a new idea, method, design and / or application that brings innovation in the area, or to apply a known idea, method, design and / or application to a different area, to research, comprehend, design, adapt and apply an original subject (Skill) .
5. To use the knowledge about the maritime field to evaluate the developments that guide the formation of disciplines (Skill).
6. To develop new strategic approaches to solve unforeseen and complex problems encountered in the field of practice and to produce solutions by taking responsibility (Competence to Work Independently and Take Responsibility).
7. The ability to contribute to progress in the Area by independently performing an original work that brings innovation to the field, develops a new idea, method, design and / or application, or applies a known idea, method, design and / or application to a different field (Independent Work and Responsibility Capability to Receive).
8. To develop new thoughts and methods related to the field by using high level mental processes such as creative and critical thinking, problem solving and decision making (Learning Competency).
9. To have the most advanced specialized skills and techniques, including synthesis and evaluation, necessary for problem identification, solving important problems, and expanding and redefining existing knowledge or professional practice for research in the maritime Area (Skill).
10. Critically analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing new and complex ideas corresponding to the most advanced level in the Area of maritime (Area Specific Competence).
11. To contribute knowledge in the field by developing a qualified study based on original research in the Area of maritime, worth publishing in national and international refereed journals (Area Specific Competency).
Click for current admission requirements.
DZC 6XX/E Maritime Counter-proliferation Operations and the Rule of Law (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Supply Chain Management in Maritime Industry (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Global Logistics Network Modelling and Policy (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Sustainability in Maritime Logistics (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Maritime Governance and Policy-Making (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Liner Ship Fleet Planning (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Measuring Performance in Freight Transport (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Maritime Security Intelligence (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Analytics and Metrics in Maritime Human Resources (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Maritime Psychology and Human Factors (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Energy Management in Maritime Sector (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Corporate Social Responsibility in Maritime Sector (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Data Structures in Maritime Sector (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Maritime Environmental Management (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Cognitive Model of Maritime Crisis Response (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Analysis of Maritime Team Workload and Communication (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E European Union and Its Transportation-Maritime Policies (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E International Relations and Maritime Economics (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Information Systems in Maritime (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Occupational Health and Safety in Maritime (3+0)
DZC 6XX/E Measurement and Evaluation in Maritime Education (3+0)
DZC 696/ 696E Scientific Research, Ethic and Seminar
DZC 699 Graduation Thesis
DZC YET Proficiency
Programme Executive Committee:
Prof.Dr. Leyla TAVACIOĞLU (Chair)
Prof. Dr. Oğuz Saim SÖĞÜT
Asst. Prof. Pelin BOLAT (Programme Coordinator)